Wednesday, March 14, 2012

P90X.....Day 1



About a year ago my now husband and I started doing P90X and only got through about 3 weeks of it. I got sick, then had surgery and then we had an awesome trip to Ireland and just completely got off track. So I decided I wanted to try again but this time I am going with the lean version, which has different work out schedules--more cardio, basically. I know that working out is only part of getting back in shape so I will be trying to change my eating habits as well. I will still drink a coke now and then, mac and cheese (I love all pasta...and cheese) and let myself have the yummy foods I love. I just won't be having them on a daily basis. I am going to do my very best to stick to the P90X diet and meal planning they provide. I am a very picky eater though and unfortunately don't care for a lot of the healthier foods. They have some different options in the nutrition guide and I am going to move it around some so that I can make it work.


Yesterday was day 1....Lord please get me to day 90!


The first 30 days is high protein and very low carbs. Here is what my day in food was looking like:


Breakfast:
2 slices of turkey bacon
cherry greek yogurt


Snack:
2% milk string cheese


Lunch:
chicken salad w/ grapes
10 garden veggie crackers
sliced peaches (no sugar added)

Snack:
soy nuts 
1/2 cup of broccoli
ranch dip (made with non-fat sour cream...YUM!)


Dinner:
honey chili chicken (cooked on the grill)
quinoa
peas
glass of wine :)


I felt so much better going into the first days work out knowing I had fueled my body better. I also drank about 64 ounces of water throughout the day.


The first workout was Core Synergistics and let me just say....DANG! There is a lot of rolling around on the floor bowing, banana-ing, boating, superman-ing or whatever else they call it. We took turns doing this one to avoid any injury by flopping into each other. Overall we did well...I made it through and at least tried every exercise. The push ups were the hardest for me due to some shoulder pain, but I am hoping that as time goes on it will get better. Dan was a champ and made me look like a ridiculous flailing string bean on most of the exercises. :) {{Love you babe!}} I am feeling it some today (the squats got me big time!) but I know tomorrow will be the whammy.


I will be posting my starting stats (minus before photos....can't bring myself to show those bad boys off just yet...maybe if my after picture is rockin' I will show them at the end). I will also post some healthy recipes that we will be using (most from the P90X nutrition guide). Last night I made some butternut squash soup to bring for lunch today so I will give my little twist on that shortly.

Hope everyone is having a great week!! I need prayers and happy thoughts sent my way to get me through all 90 days of this!! So send 'em on over! :)


7 comments:

  1. I really want to try P90X some day! I'd like the challenge to see if i could do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do it! It's hard work but I feel soooo much better already!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! You can make it to day 90!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really use myfitnesspal if I were you---- I am on it, and I love it! It really makes me think about what I am eating! :)

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using that about 4 days before I began P90X and I love it!! It's hard sometimes to find the exercise that would fit the workouts I'm doing to track the calories I'm burning...but its awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Nice work! I did P90X before our wedding but I didn't follow the diet. I never do for those workout programs. So good on ya! New follower!

    ReplyDelete